Tuesday, November 7, 2017

*NEWEST*: Tuesday's Slice of Life

I want to talk about a quote that the website Two Writing Teachers had up last Tuesday. It said "The scariest moment is right before you start". Those words really spoke to me. I mean, in all reality that is the absolute truth that applies to so many things go on in people's lives in a tiny sentence. Think about it... Do you remember a time where you absolutely nervous and terrified to do something (ANYTHING)? My mind goes back to first dates, walking into a haunted house, the first day of school each year, and starting working with my cooperative teacher in a kindergarten classroom. I have experienced every single on of these moment and the absolutely most terrifying moment was RIGHT before I walked into that building, classroom, and met the guy in person. After that, it seemed as if everything was a breeze. Just for that short moment it was absolutely terrifying. That short moment has nothing on what I have experienced in those situations. That short moment of fear always seems to turn out beautiful in some way. I will keep this quote in mind when I start preparing for my student teaching, taking those scary certification tests, having my very first classroom, and going on more and more first EVERYTHING'S! I hope you do the same...


P.S. I even thought about this in the aspect of writing. Writing can seem so scary but once you get started, there is no stopping! :)




Cheers to fear and the outcome it brings,

No comments:

Post a Comment