Tuesday, October 31, 2017

*NEW*: A Little Slice Of My Life

First and foremost, HAPPY HALLOWEEN! I hope all of you are having a spooky and splendid day! There is many reasons for me to smile today but I will just share one! I have a friend (student) in my kindergarten classroom that is always in trouble. He never really sits still (but I mean what kindergartener does?) and he is always talking and interrupting. Today, he came into school so sad and down. I was curious because it is Halloween and ALL the other kids were super pumped! He was very quiet, to himself, and just not the little boy I am used to. I went over to talk to him and he did not want to say much. I stopped and just gave him a quick smile and pat on the back. As we went to the carpet as a group for phonics, I sat at the back to observe like normal. My friend came over and plopped right beside me and sighed with heavy eyes. He then grabbed my hand and held it for the whole phonics lesson. As the lesson was going on he was engaging, not interrupting, and soon after he became his self! I was so full of joy and as crazy as it sounds I was so excited that he was back to his normal interrupting and not sitting still self! Moral of the story: sometimes it really only takes a helping hand (LITERALLY)!!!! I swear I learn something new every single day that I am in that classroom!! #BLESSED

Have a BOOtiful evening,


3 comments:

  1. Did you ever figure out what was wrong with him? The "troubled kid" are always my favorite kids so when they are down it always makes me down. Glad he was back to his self!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The influence we have on children is so amazing! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It amazes me how much just a little helping hand or taking the time to talk to a child can do. Great job at recognizing this child and allowing time to spend with him. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete