Monday, December 4, 2017

*New Slice of Life: Thank you Professor Stroud*

As the semester is coming to an end and all of the feelings are pouring into me. I realized that I have not had a college professor influence my life, future career, and attitude toward teaching until this semester. My elementary school teachers were the ones that impacted my life and gave me the desire to teach. However, this short and final semester of mine I was placed in Professor Stroud's classes and she impacted my life in a way no other college professor has done.

Professor Stroud has taught me many things about teaching reading and writing. As well, as teaching in general. But most importantly she has taught me to fall in love with writing and reading all over again. As a young girl, I loved to read and write and was quickly discouraged to do so when I got to older grades. I am so upset that it took me this long to fall in love with literature all over again or even stop loving it in the first place but I am so thankful I got my voice back. Thank you Professor Stroud for encouraging me to write for my pleasure and make me realize that my voice is important! Thank you for opening my mind to more books that teach me things another person couldn't. Thank you for giving me my voice back. But most importantly thank you for making me believe in myself again. Professor Stroud has made me realize that my childhood dream of writing my very own children's book can be accomplished. I am for every thankful for that lesson.

Professor Stroud has also taught me the important lesson of believing in myself. If anyone every felt discouraged or needed assistance she was there in a heart beat. She made sure that we felt comfortable with each other and with her. She is the type of person/professor that has your back and supports you! I hope to be a person like that when I become a teacher. Professor Stroud also genuinely loves and cares about our class and that feeling is evident whenever she is speaking to us as a class or one on one. I am beyond grateful I got to be apart of one of her classes. I also know that if I ever need anything she will be there... hallelujah (because I will be needing her guidance)!! :)

So, thank you Professor Stroud for : -believing in me enough so that I believe in myself.
-guiding me to books and writing. -loving and encouraging us. -never giving up on us when I know sometimes were tough. -always staying positive no matter what. -providing help and guidance to insure that we truly learn. -being such a great listener and being open. -thank you for everything you have done for us.

Thank you Professor Stroud. You are truly an inspiration and I look up to you as a person and future teacher.

With Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment