Tuesday, November 28, 2017

**NEWEST**: Slice of Life


As this semester is coming to an end, I am getting more and more upset about leaving my kiddos. I mean, I am obviously leaving them in good hands but STILL I am so sad... I really want to watch these kids grow mentally and physically. This leads me to a couple of questions for teachers: how do you say goodbye to your class after the year is finished? How do you not ball your eyes out like a baby? But most importantly, how do you hold yourself together when they are loving on you and it's a final "see you later"? I am so worried that I am going to break out in tears and get every one in the classroom upset. It has only been a short few months but the bond I have made with these babies is unforgettable, so I can not imagine saying bye to them after wrapping up a whole entire year. 

Anyways, I say "see you later" in one more week so any tips and advice would be GREAT!!!

Love the most sensitive person in the world,

7 comments:

  1. Your slice shows how much you care about these kids. Deep breathing helps. Then again: tear are allowed too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every class will hold a special place in your heart, and it's ok to cry. You will never forget this class, and it's good to remember that they will always be with you. It's also exciting to meet a new group every year because every year is a little different. Be sad about leaving your group and excited about the next group you get to work with! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes...tears are allowed! I suppose over time we just get used to saying good bye to kids. Now I only tear up if I am leaving a school because I know I will see the kids again the following year.

    Also, sign up to substitute teacher. Many places this is a great job to have while you are student teaching. Then you can be invited back. It's a great experience-builder!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not ready to leave my kiddos either! I have come so attached with them and have learned so much from there. I love getting to help my teacher and help the students with any assignments. Although I am not looking forward for the semester to end I am ready to start the next chapter of my life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been thinking about this too! I will miss my fifth graders and my mentor teacher after next week, but I am appreciative of how much they have all taught me this semester!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm in the same boat! Probably cry way too much and will when I leave my 1st grade kiddos :( Just take a deep breath and know that you have touched those little munchkins' lives!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your big heart! I am so glad we will be colleagues! Hopefully it gets better but know you are not alone!

    ReplyDelete