Tuesday, November 14, 2017

NEW: Slice of Life

Today a self publishing author named Deirdre Williams came and spoke to us about her journey writing Quit Khaliah. It was so inspiring to hear her speak on her journey and ideas. She was an incredible speaker because she spoke with such passion! Her passion pours through her heart and into words. Her voice really spoke to me because I have always wanted to be a writer. I just never knew what it actually took. After listening to her story, I realized that I too could become a self publishing writer one day. I have recently really found a passion for children's books so you can imagine how much I look up to her.

She is also an educator with so many wise words. Something that really stuck with me that she said is that as a teacher, you HAVE to get to know each and every one of your studnets because each and every one of them has a special gift. THAT IS SO TRUE! Every single person has something to offer. It is so important for people in general to recognize that but especially as teachers.

You ARE important,

P.S: Seriously go check out her website and book SHE IS AMAZING at www.booksbydeirdre.com




2 comments:

  1. I loved that she took the time to come and visit our class. She inspired me to write more and to write about anything and everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also really enjoyed having Dr. Deidre visit our class! She was so awesome explaining her writing process and her books!

    ReplyDelete