Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Tuesday's Slice of Life

Today was the first day I interned for my kindergarten classroom in the morning! I was awake early and needed TONS of coffee to get my brain flowing. I was so excited to enter the classroom I am assigned to and see all of the smiling faces. However, at the same time I was so nervous (there was butterflies in my tummy). What if the kids didn't like me? In what way would I embarrass myself today? What if I do or say something wrong? The possibilities of "failure" were endless. Until, I stepped in the classroom and I saw how excited the students were to see me! "Miss Dickie, Miss Dickie!" they exclaimed as I walked in the door. One little girl even said "I am sooooooo glad you are here today Miss Dickie, you are so sweet" and I about melted!! The moment I walked in the teacher asked me to lead the students in a song, "If you are Happy and you Know it". I was terrified but I started singing and the children were laughing and singing back. Then it hit me, no matter what mistakes I make, no matter how goofy I act, the children loved me and looked up to me. I will NO longer be self conscious walking into a classroom. I will walk tall and proud knowing the children think teachers are amazing no matter what! STAY GOOFY AND FUN MY FRIENDS!!!

With much love,

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations at finishing your first day! After 21 years of teaching, I still get butterflies in my stomach before the first day. Enjoy the little ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I felt the exact same way walking into my 1st grade classroom this morning! I think this semester will really open our eyes and have us get a good grip on what student teaching/teaching in our own classrooms will be like in the near future. Glad your first full day was so great!

    ReplyDelete